Spicy Lamb Ribs with Corn and Red Onion Slaw
1 rack of San Giorgio’s lamb ribs
100ml Asian hoisin sauce
1 clove garlic
1 large red chilli, seeds removed
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 coriander seeds, toasted
1 tablespoon cumin seeds, toasted
1 head of corn, husked and kernels cut from the cob
1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
1 red cabbage, shredded
1 handful flat parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
1 handful coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
– For the marinade, smash the garlic, chili and seeds using a mortar and pestle.
– Place the pulverized ingredients in a mixing bowl along with the paprika. Fold through the hoisin, honey, soy and oil and mix thoroughly to combine.
– Marinade the ribs in the paste for at least 6 hours in the refrigerator.
– Preheat the oven to 190°C.
– Remove the ribs from the refrigerator and after 15 minutes, place on a rack inside a roasting tray, season with salt and roast for 25 – 30 minutes.
– Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
– Season with salt and lemon juice and serve with the slaw. (For the slaw, combine the shredded cabbage, onion, corn kernels, parsley, coriander and chilli in a mixing bowl. – Stir through enough mayonnaise to coat the ingredients, squeeze a wedge of lemon and season to taste with salt and pepper.)